The picture of me with the two girls just makes me smile. They asked to have their picture made with me. The one in the striped shirt seemed especially fond of me....I'm guessing it was my blonde hair! Anyway, I don't speak Spanish, but communicated with them a bit by showing them my ring (I had one made especially for the trip. It was just a picture of Addie and Asher in a square ring. I wore it everyday, because I knew I would miss them so!). Using hand motions, I explained that they were both 7. These girls thought that was the greatest thing ever! At the end of the day an older lady showed up going on and on about something in Spanish and laughing at these two. From what we could gather, she was the mother of one of them. These girls had put their babies down for a nap, and left the house to come to the church to do VBS. The mom was just laughing that they had left her with the babies and she couldn't find them anywhere!
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Dominican Mission Trip- Day 1 (continued)
The picture of me with the two girls just makes me smile. They asked to have their picture made with me. The one in the striped shirt seemed especially fond of me....I'm guessing it was my blonde hair! Anyway, I don't speak Spanish, but communicated with them a bit by showing them my ring (I had one made especially for the trip. It was just a picture of Addie and Asher in a square ring. I wore it everyday, because I knew I would miss them so!). Using hand motions, I explained that they were both 7. These girls thought that was the greatest thing ever! At the end of the day an older lady showed up going on and on about something in Spanish and laughing at these two. From what we could gather, she was the mother of one of them. These girls had put their babies down for a nap, and left the house to come to the church to do VBS. The mom was just laughing that they had left her with the babies and she couldn't find them anywhere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment