Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dominican Mission Trip-2012


We're bbbbaaaacccckkkkk!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you, thank you to all who prayed for our family while we were gone!  Jody, Bay and I had one of the best experiences on the mission trip to the Dominican Republic....Oh, the stories we can share!  It was quite an adventure in many ways, but it was so very worth it.  We met so many new friends along the way, loved on so many children, pulled lots of teeth, and learned so much about putting our faith in our Savior.  I'll do my best to recount as much about the trip as I can....in some ways, I'm still trying to soak it all up.  Wow!  Now I know why some people do these trips on a regular basis.  It may take me a few days to post pictures and stories, so check back for the next week or so to get the full story.  Blogs work in reverse order, so even though this is the start of the story, new posts/pictures will appear above it when you scroll down our page.  This picture was taken at the airport in Atlanta prior to boarding our flight for Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.  As you can see, I am not in the picture......of course, I'm taking the pic. Bay and Jody are there, along with our whole crew of dentists, dental assistants, dental school students, children, and other folks who just wanted the chance to serve!  I can personally testify that each and every person in this picture is a representation of the love of Christ.  I've never seen more examples of compassion and love toward unknown people.  I am so very grateful to have had the opportunity to serve alongside each and every one of them!  Now, sit back, get comfy, and really soak in the pictures of the Dominican......
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment