
Day 2 and 3 we stayed in the city of Ocoa at a local hotel. The hotel was nice (considering) and had air conditioning. We could not drink the water or brush our teeth with it, but we could bathe in it! I think our group rented out most of the rooms. Jody, Bay, and I had our own room with two beds and a tv. We were so exhausted, I don't think any of us even watched it- plus, it was all in Spanish (Ha!). Anyway, Day 3 we woke up and 1/2 the team (including me and Bay) got dropped back off at the ball field for another baseball clinic and the other 1/2 (which included Jody) headed on into town to set up for the dental clinic that day. It was a beautiful day for baseball.....a slight breeze and clear blue sky. I'm not kidding when I say that the field sat in a gorgeous setting. I've never loved baseball more! I could spend every day of the rest of my life at that field if I had everyone I loved with me :). Just beautiful. And I really took it in when in between pictures. Do you know that while we were there, a single dove just casually flew above the field and off into the mountains? My friend Chera-lyn and I both thought it priceless.....God's little "hello" and a sort-of nod of the head for our efforts there. Bay participated with the boys in the camp this day and I took pictures and wore a glove in the outfield (I am not joking) to catch fly balls. No! Of course I didn't end up having to catch any and good thing with that camera across my body! Two ladies from the community snuck in on us and got right out in that outfield to catch them. I loved it! I'm sure the women never get to play ball there. These ladies were all over it and caught every last one of them. It was awesome.
So, these pics are from the baseball clinic that day. I'll have several posts for day 3 to fit everything in! Picture 2 is what we saw when we got off the bus (9am)...the boys were already warming up. I snapped another pic of a little boy coming down the street for camp, and lastly, one of the small groups working on throwing.


No comments:
Post a Comment