
The Mucha Agua Mission Center is about 3 1/2 hours from the airport. Gary and his family built it all on their own and without really seeing it in person, I don't think you could truly appreciate what it took to make this happen. The last 30 minutes of the drive to this place is through a mountain on dirt roads. And by dirt, I mean rocky, dirt roads. Several of us literally banged our head on the bus during the ride. My bottom was even sore by the time we left (too much info, but it's true!). Coming in from town, you would just ride through the mountain to the mission center which just sat in front of a creek. To leave the mission center, the bus would drive through the creek to the other side and then back up the mountain! I'm not kidding! It was almost like a ride at Disney World or something :).



These pictures were taken when we finally arrived! The dinner bell (or drum), the kitchen and eating area, Jody and Bay on the deck beside the kitchen, and bananas......fresh off the tree!
No comments:
Post a Comment