Thursday, June 18, 2009

Addie and Asher Turn 5!!!

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday because I tried my best to really be in the moment and enjoy my kids. The reality of my children's ages and how quickly time is passing is really starting to get to me. These are the days to cherish, to laugh, to enjoy every minute of all that raising children has to offer. My children are such a gift and I don't want to blink or miss a second of it! So, I am just now letting you guys know about Addie and Asher's birthday. Of course we are having the gymnastics party on Saturday, but we did do a little bit of celebrating as a family yesterday. The babies (I will always call them this, even when they are my age :)!) started off their big day with sprinkled doughnuts. You can see by the first pic that we didn't even bother to brush hair before breakfast...
Mama was quick thinking yesterday, and we managed to throw on some clothes and make it to Regal for one of their free summer movies...Alvin and The Chipmunks. They do free movies most Tues. and Thurs. throughout the summer at 10am. You can google it and see the movie schedule! The kids loved this even though they watched this movie in the car the day before. They laughed so hard :). Of course, the free movie did not end up free as we had to have a medium popcorn and two sprites for all of us to share.....$16!!!!!! Can you believe that? Crazy! But, I think Asher ate half the bag by himself! This second pic is pre-movie!
After the movie we came home to swim and then we ate pizza as a family.....with the addition of Bay's friend Eli (of course)! Eli has been gone for two weeks on a European vacation so I couldn't deny Bay when they wanted to sleepover. Pizza and cake is always a nice treat for the Griffin kiddo's!!
Couldn't resist posting this pic I got of the babies. I will post individuals later, but wanted to share this rare moment where Addie actually agreed to kiss Asher. Of course, as soon as this picture was taken, Addie (like a true lady) lifted her shirt and used the hem to wipe off the kiss. She is so grossed out by kissing him! She is just so funny about being affectionate. If you are one of the lucky ones, enjoy every second of hugs or kisses you get.....they may be the last.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment