Monday, October 12, 2009



Hello Friends and Family! So, it's been super busy lately and I haven't had time to post. I'm doing several posts today that I have been meaning to do the past several weeks, so scroll through to get all caught up! Make sure your speakers are turned up 'cause I added a new song to our playlist....this is my favorite right now, and if I could, I would give each of you a copy because these are the words I would say to you :).

Because most of you never get to see Addie do gymnastics, I thought I would share a picture of her with her team. These are the Tataru's "Hot Shots" girls 5-6 years old and, in a couple of years, they will be the team girls. You'll want to study these little faces because you never know--you may see one of them in the Olympics one day! Addie loves gymnastics and she feels so confident when she's there. I really think it's helping her personality to come out.

Speaking of personality.......let me share a recent story and vent. So we're getting ready for church several weeks ago and Addie comes in my bathroom.....

Mommy: what's wrong? (b/c church dress is hanging off of her)
Addie: Mommy I don't like these dresses anymore!
Mommy: Well Addie....why don't you like them?
Addie: Because it makes my arms look fat.

Gah! I could have died. The fact that she says this is wrong on so many levels. Why in the world would a 5 year old even know this concept and care?! As a mom of a girl my heart breaks for her. The world we now live in is harsh and quite frankly full of stupid people teaching our children stupid things. A five year old should not say these things. EVER. And the irony of it all, she is TINY. Look at her compared to the other little girls. Tiny. And she complains about having small feet. Sigh. And so it begins. Pray for us. Pray for me. I'm fighting an uphill battle, but dang it, she will know how beautiful she is....how she is a princess....a daughter of the King....if its the last thing I do. This songs for you Addie Loo.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment